SB7 Ghost Box with Amplified FM Sweep & Stronger AM Sweep
** AM sweep with stronger signals
** Built-in Volume Boost Amplifier for FM mode -
Since introducing the P-SB7 three years ago, the FM frequency sweep method has clearly become the preferred technique used by Zak on Ghost Adventures and is used by paranormal enthusiasts world wide. As such, there are two distinct differences that set the P-SB7-FM apart from the standard SB7. First, the SB7-FM has been modified to include amplified audio through the mini 20mm built in speaker for the FM frequency sweep. So, the volume on this FM model is twice as loud during the FM sweep than our standard P-SB7 model. Second, it is specifically designed (de-tuned) to pick up stronger AM frequencies and ignore many of the weaker nuisance frequencies that create radio bit confusion. This means that as the AM sweeps, individual words will be more pronounced and easier to understand.It is always recommended to use a power amplified speaker when using the SB-7. And because we are allocating the majority of the audio power to the FM sweep which is loud and clear, the de-tuned AM sweep requires that a power amplified speaker be used to hear the individual words more clearly.
A good example of this AM sweep modification can be viewed on the most recent Mustang Ranch Ghost Adventures episode. Zak is using AM sweep set to 200msec with an Altec Lansing speaker. You will hear only the intelligent relevant responses to his questions.
- Mini FM Frequency Sweep Radio with amplified FM audio
- Detuned AM Sweep detects stronger signals and ignores weaker radio bit interferences (requires amplified speaker)
- Sweep Forward / Reverse Selectable
- Seven User Adjustable Sweep Rates
- New Enhanced FM frequencies now include 76MHz to 87.9MHz white noise (76MHz-108MHz Total)
- 15mW Earphone Output (Earphone Included)
- 250mW Speaker Output
- Internal 1″ Speaker
- Blue EL Backlight LCD with Manual ON/OFF Control
- Power: (3) Alkaline Batteries (Included